Sunday, June 1, 2014

So I made this s'mores treat last night for the kids and their friends that had come over for a late night. When we have lots of a good thing we like to share with the Michaelsons because these are the kinds of responses we get from Adam:

(This was sent in a series of texts as I sat in suspense of how it would end)

"Last night I came home and found something on my kitchen counter.

"It caught my eye in the dim lighting.

"I slowly moved toward it, curious as to what the foreign object could be.

"I reached out a hand and grasped a rough and crunchy texture, with interspersed gooeyness.

"Although I was still unsure of what it was, I felt an undeniable urge to ingest it.

"I raised it in the darkness to my unconsciously open and now salivating mouth."

At this point I had to respond: "This story is better than Jane Eyre. It needs to be made into a movie. I'm enthralled and am dying to know how it ends!"

He finished: "As it clumsily made its way past my lips and fell into the welcoming cavern behind, my senses were immediately drugged with culinary ecstasy.

"With each bite, my teeth ground the crunchy-gooeyness into a potion of mind blowing awesomeness.

"A few hours later, I came to and found myself on the kitchen floor with crumbs around my mouth, my legs bent backwards, and marshmallow in my hair. Only then had I realized that the euphoric experience completely overcome my perception of space and time."

THAT is why we love to share with Adam and one of the many reasons we love the Michaelsons! Best neighbors EVER!

No comments: