Thursday, June 18, 2015

Oh the Joys of Homeownership!

One evening Scott and I went golfing with some of his co-workers at the course in South Jordan that his Dad used to go to with his uncle Paul. We had a great time, however, when we got home we noticed that the carpet was wet in the hallway where we come in from the garage. We thought a child had spilled a glass of water. So we cleaned it up and left it. The next morning I went to Zumba. When I got home at 9am I noticed it was soaking wet in the same place. I sat there for a minute wondering where the water could have come from. I asked the kids if they had spilled water again and they all adamantly denied it. Milo even said it was the bad guy who spilled the water. :) I sat there for a few more minutes running through my mind any possible places it could be coming from. The washer? No, the laundry room would have been soaking too. Then it hit me. The shower in the Master bathroom sits right next to the hallway. Oh junk! I ran downstairs to see if the water is coming through the ceiling too and sure enough it is! Great! I gave Scott a call and tell him what's going on. While he was on his way home from work I got to work pulling up the carpet and padding and I started cleaning up the water. As soon as Scott gets home he busted open the wall where the plumbing runs and sure enough, there was a little pin hole leak in the copper pipe spraying water. We shut the water to the house off and got moving on pulling out the wet drywall. At this point we called the insurance company, disaster clean up people, and the plumber too. Oh the joys of homeownership!

No comments: