This man is officially OLD! He turned 40! He doesn't look it and doesn't act it! So, we made a pretty big deal out of it. We don't generally, but this time, we really needed to celebrate. On the actual day we celebrated as a family by going out to dinner at his favorite place, Texas Roadhouse. He even sat on the birthday saddle, but only because it was for Indie too. :) The photo-bombing server in the back is a girl in our ward. Then we went bowling! It was a lot of fun taking all the kids out and they were such angels! Even can't-sit-still Indie. All through dinner and even through bowling they all took turns and waited patiently. It was a really good night.
Scott thought that would be the end of the celebrations. Boy, was he WRONG! Two days later, on Saturday, Scott had an "appointment" with the Stake President. That's right. I got the Stake Executive Secretary to call him and set up an appointment, so we could get him to the church without suspicion. I don't think it could have come off any better! We had a Magic themed cake, Blue Bell ice cream (Texas ice cream), a photo video of his life, a basketball piƱata, amazing decorations which included lollipops that said "40 sucks," and lots of friends and family. I am really proud of myself. Scott had no idea until we walked into the church and the stake offices were dark. Especially since I am a terrible liar and fake. I could not have done it without Summer and Adam Michaelson and their willingness to help me plan and deceive Scott for months beforehand. I couldn't have done it without them!
Happy Birthday to my favorite husband! We are so lucky to have you as such a fun dad and husband. You are a good strong role model for our kids, you work hard and know how to play hard. We sure hope you felt special as we helped you to celebrate!

No comments:
Post a Comment